Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Why go fishing?

I've been fishing since I was just a boy.  As I've aged, my reasons for doing it have changed.  As a kid, I did a lot of river fishing in the mountains if New Mexico.

Rivers are a lot like little boys.  They're rushing everywhere.  Rivers can be wild and unpredictable.  The current forces you to constantly re-cast.  There's just no chance of getting bored.

Boredom, however, is a relative term.  What would have been labeled as boring in my childhood has a new label in adulthood - peaceful.  Hence I love lake fishing now like I did river fishing then.

Lakes offer peace and quiet.  They provide an opportunity to observe and interact with an endless list of wildlife.  Most importantly, lakes offer a chance to interact with your family.

When I take my kids to the lake, there are no electronic devices.  There are no iPods, iPads, or anything else that starts with an "i" followed by a capital letter.  It's just me and my kids interacting for hours and talking to each other about a wide array of things other than what's biting.

My hope is that this blog will encourage you to do the same with your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment