Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Full Moon Fishing

Night fishing is awesome in and of itself.  The only thing that makes it better, in my opinion, is a full moon.  I say this not because it has a huge impact on the bite rate, but because it adds to the beauty of the experience.


Check out the moon's reflection on the water!


Here's a shot of clouds passing in front of the moon.  It looks beautiful and eerie all at the same time.


And a closer look ....


Buffalo Springs Lake doesn't limit the number of poles you can have, so I took four.  I tried for catfish, bass, and carp.

I ended up with two catfish, both of which were on the smaller side.


What I was NOT planning on was this little guy.


That's a gizzard shad, hooked right through the mouth with a shad crankbait!  Here's a closer look.


I didn't catch any bass or carp, but I did get two small flatheads, a gizzard shad, and a full moon that lit up the place like daylight.  The catfish were released.

I used the shad as live bait.  They're a favorite meal of bass and catfish.  Other baits were nightcrawlers, corn, a shad crankbait, and a spinner.

Tight lines!










No comments:

Post a Comment