Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Rebel Crickhopper Review

So I'm perusing the fishing aisle at Walmart on Sunday, and I'm looking at the lures.  Slowly but surely, I'm building my collection of plastics and lures in order to do more bass fishing.

Out of all those lures, what caught my eye was this very realistic-looking grasshopper lure.  So I take a closer look.  The package says that this will catch trout, bass, and panfish.

I often use non-game panfish as cut bait for my first love - catfish.


I'm thinking about my usual process to catch these panfish.  It involves going to the store, buying nightcrawlers, and then heading to my lake.  I can't help but think that it would be nice to have a lure that would catch a non-game panfish, so that I could go straight to the lake and skip the store.

So with a great deal of skepticism, I made the purchase.  Then I tried for a panfish.  The first two casts resulted immediate strikes.  Cast three resulted in this.


That lure is a Rebel Crickhopper, and that's a sunfish, my friends.  Below is the catfish that followed the sunfish.


Let's also not forget that this provides a solution to worm hands and worm dirt still caked around your fingernails after the third wash.

Last pic.  Check out that moon!  Nothing beats night fishing.


Tight lines!


No comments:

Post a Comment