Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Fall Fishing

I love to fish in the fall!  The colors this time of year are beautiful.  Even in Texas, the leaves change.  Check out the red hues on the tree in the background.


There's one other thing that comes with fall, and it's not as much fun.  As the air temperature falls, so does the water temperature.  This has a profound effect on aquatic wildlife.

The fish will still bite, but they're sluggish.  They have to conserve as much energy as possible, so they won't bite as often.  If you're going fishing by yourself, this is not a problem.  If I'm alone, I take a book to read.  Then I alternate between reading, talking to The Lord, and observing the nature all around me.

If you have a kiddoe with you, this formula won't work.  They won't be content to sit, talk, and watch the water fowl.  You need an activity planned for those long stretches between bites.  For example, my son and I tossed the football today.



Just don't forget to watch your pole!  You  will eventually catch fish.  Today we caught a total of 10 bullhead catfish.  They were all small, like the one below.





That's a classic bullhead catfish.  The tail's not forked.  Its top and bottom lips are even.  There's no major under-bite or overbite.

Today was not a "big fish" day, but it was a win.  I was with my son, and it ended like this.










No comments:

Post a Comment