Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Best Carp Fishing in Texas

Carp fishing has been popular for a long time in Britain and Europe.  There's a whole industry built around it in similar fashion to the industry that's built around bass fishing in the U.S.  Slowly but surely, carp are gaining popularity stateside.

So the question of where to fish for carp naturally arises.  The good news is that they're found in most lakes, ponds, and rivers.  I'll admit that I'm not exactly a world traveler.

I can't tell you where the best carp spots are in North Carolina, for example.  I can, however, opine on the best carp fishing in Texas.  That would be in Lubbock.  

There are literally dozens of playa lakes that dot the city.  Most, if not all, have carp and many other fish species.  As an added bonus, there's also Texas Tech University and the Buddy Holly Center.

I'm going to keep this post short, sweet, and pictureless.  If you want to see photos of the fish that Lubbock playa lakes produce, you need only read my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment