Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

6.41 lbs Carp Pulled from Playa Lake

Today's baits were whole kernel sweet corn and bread.  The big winner was corn, though.  It landed the 6.41 lbs carp pictured with me below.


Look at the length on that fish.  It's longer than the width of my shoulders!  A vertical shot of the same fish really tells the tale on how big it is.  See below.


You can see that it's longer than my torso!  

I was solo this trip.  So big shout out to the lady who took this photo.  She was driving by when she saw me fighting and landing this big boy.  She pulled over, applauded me, and then took those two photos with my cell. 

Of course, there was plenty of nature to observe between bites.  Check out this duck and bird in the same shot.  


If you know what that bird on the upper right is called, would you leave a comment and let me know?  It looks like a seagull, but this was on a playa lake.  This part of Texas is also hundreds of miles from the ocean.

It wouldn't be one of my posts without a shot of the sunset!


Happy fishing!



No comments:

Post a Comment