Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Hair Rig and Catfish

I geared up this morning the same way I do anytime I fish in town.  One pole had a hair baited with corn for carp.  The other simply had a hook and worm for catfish.

I did catch a couple of carp in the 3 - 4 lbs range, but the catfish were just as interested in the corn as they were in the worms.  That didn't surprise me.  What did catch me off guard is how well the hair rig landed them.  See below.


You'll notice the hair with corn off to one side.  The fish was caught on the bare hook.  Take a closer look below.


I caught a variety of small catfish today using both poles.  They ranged from just over fingerling to just over a pound.  I also caught one bluegill on the hair rig.

Now that it's staying warm, fish of all varieties are biting. Here in town, you need a fishing license if you're under 17.  There's also a two pole limit.

I recommend going at sunrise.  There's lots of feeding activity then.  Also there's this.


Tight lines!



No comments:

Post a Comment