Like Fish Tails on Facebook!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Big Mudcat

When I think mudcat, I think small.  That's for good reason.  Most will not exceed two pounds.  However, there's an exception to every rule.



That bottom bullhead was the largest.  I don't think either of them broke the two pound marker, but they were fun to catch.

One other thing to note, the largest one hung me up on something toward the bottom of the creek, probably a tree root.  I fought the snag for a few minutes, and I could still feel this fish on the line.

The thought finally occurred to me to let the fish do the work.  I gave the line some slack, and voila!  The fish swam out from behind whatever had the line snagged.  Then I was able to land the fish.

The baits were worms and hotdog weenies.  All fish were released.  Tight lines!


No comments:

Post a Comment